Saturday, January 31, 2009

It’s Working

I Have Returned to Eating Consciously


I am painstakingly recording everything; my food intake, exercise, and weekly weigh in on a site called: Calorie Count. Now I can not fool myself in thinking that I ate less than I did or ate all the rights things.


I even ate out at Empire Café on Wednesday night with friends. I ordered a small Nutty Chicken Pizza with grilled chicken, cashews, spinach, mushrooms, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese on a whole wheat crust. Which incidentally was delicious, even with all the toppings, the flavors nicely married together, the crust was still crisp and the cashews gave it a nice crunch.


Instead of eating the whole or even a half of the pizza, I ate a third. This was plenty of food for me. We were celebrating a friend’s birthday that night and I took a small bite out of each of the three cakes slices we were sharing. Restraint works.


Exercise – Must be part of my daily practice


I am recording my daily exercise as well. The recording is happening, the practice is not. This is a work in progress; I am a work in progress.


I do well with exercising on the weekend but during the week, meh? I am now trying to incorporate some exercise into my classroom teaching. After all it benefits the children and keeps my stress level down as well.


In the mornings, I need to get out of bed earlier and work with weights, do sit-ups and push-ups.


When I go shopping, I am parking further away so I can walk longer to the store. This is better than nothing right?


I feel confident that I will improve on this front and start to go to exercise class at night also.



Bottom Line


I lost about 5 pounds this week. Great results for week 1, wouldn’t you agree?


Moving Forward


I am going out to eat brunch today and I plan to write that up later. Time to go back to writing about my food experiences, maybe even post a few of the low fat, low calorie dishes I created this past week, all eaten in moderation.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your weightloss. I love your food blog because you come off as someone so real. I rarely read food bloggers talk about how they balance eating with being healthy. I wish you success in your endeavor.