Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Whole Wheat Prosciutto, Spinach, Mushroom, and Onion Pizza

I am a pizza snob, I’ll admit it. I grew up in Northern New Jersey and I am use to a thin crusted, well season but not over layered type of pizza. Besides the pizza at Dolce Vita - Pizzeria Enoteca, which I think it is outstanding, I have yet to find any I really enjoy in Houston as much as mine. Although come to think of it, Absinthe Brasserie also makes a pizza that is good and they are open late.



I
make my own dough and then use fresh ingredients. This one was made from my whole wheat dough, which I covered with a tomato sauce that included basil from the garden, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper, and fresh minced garlic. Then I added thinly sliced red onions, and baby bella mushrooms. I baked the crust with just those toppings in a 500 degree oven until it was almost done and then I added sliced and chopped prosciutto, baby spinach, and buffalo mozzarella. I baked until the crust was slightly charred and the mozzarella completely melted. It was just the way I like it, crispy and gooey but not to laden with ingredients that one needs a knife and fork to eat it with.

2 comments:

Panza Llena said...

mmmmm, mozzarella. that looks incredible.

Henri said...

Grreat reading your blog